Friday, June 1, 2012

More San Fransisco

So, I told my sister that I wouldn't put anymore San Fransisco pictures up, seeing that it was 2 months ago.  BUT, I went thru some of the pictures to find some family pictures to put up instead and found some really good ones.  I thought.



THIS is the MIDDLE of MARCH!!  Now, in Missouri, this wouldn't be TOTALLY unheard of, but this actually instigated a snow day!  And the kids got to build their VERY first snow man.



On my second full day I got to go across the Golden Gate bridge.  If you don't remember,  I've been here before, but couldn't see much of the bridge I was on.  If you actually look at the post I linked, can you believe how young Aaron was????  But this day, as you can see, was a GORGEOUS day!!!  It was quite the trek to the bridge.  All in all, I think I walked about 8 miles.  Yikes my feet hurt!

One of the people I made the trek to the bridge with offered to take a picture of me.  So sweet.

They just happened to be painting the bridge while I was there.  They only do this every few years.  But it's probably because it was the bridge's 75th anniversary.

The top of that hill is my destination.

This helicopter was a little crazy!!  I don't know what kind is it, but it swooped down while I was taking another picture.  It actually went underneath the bridge!

AND the view from the top of that hill.  Oh my goodness what a trek it was.

Lombard Street.

I thought this was a picture funny.  Look at the fourth person on the...whatever it's called.  Doesn't she look terrified??  And this street is fairly steep, I don't think I could do something new like this and expect to live!!

The second to last day Chuck decided cut the day short with the conference.  We rented a car and drove around, down to the bridge and then we were going up the coast.  This little guy was peeking out to say hi!

SO many flowers around the area!!

And DRIVING across the bridge!!  I've wanted to do this ever since seeing the opening of Full House.  What can I say, I'm a child of the 80s/90s.

Our destination.  Point Reyes.  As you can see, the fog that was rolling into the bay in the previous picture hit the coast up north full force. We couldn't even see the fabulous lighthouse.  There's tons of wind here, just look at this rock!!  Yikes, look at that face...

We got to see lots of wildlife!!  Deer (we got super close to them)

A coyote.

And not really wildlife, but lots of cows!!

Then, on the northern part of the shore at Point Reyes, we had seen lots of crazy waves.  We'd never seen waves this big before!!!  These were about as tall as we are!



Funny, well, not so funny, sign. Apparently they have a one of the largest white shark populations in the US.

The next day we went to Chinatown.  We were going to go to Monterey but didn't know how far it was down there and didn't want to be in the car for 4 hours in one day.


And this is the dome in the Westfield shopping center downtown.  I'm looking up information on it and recently it looked much different!!!  Well, and after looking it up, it was originally in a different building.  No, they didn't move the dome, they tore the original building down but left the dome standing and built the mall around it!!

And here is a video of sweet Delaney to end our post:

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hey, I never said that I didn't like your San Fran posts!!! I like them! You are so great at taking architecture and landscape photos!!! You should do more of them! That pic of Lombardi Street is weird. That one car is facing the wrong direction, right?! And also, that's a real California cow!!!!!