Anywho. When he asked if we had plans, such as a garden or any structures (a shed) he should know where and approximately how big so he could either set up irrigation for the garden or not spray, or lay dirt/grass, where the shed would be. At that point I was like, 'ooh, a garden!!' And so that's what we did. You saw us planting our seeds in the tray, but now we've irrigated the garden!! Before it only had pipes sticking out of the ground. So here we go!
This is after i started digging the rows. A couple weeks ago we put in the outside edging and dirt/compost and tilled. Wow. That was a busy, tough, and dirty day.
Aaron was busy 'playing' with Copper.
We kind of went on the cheap and not the way we were officially supposed to go. You know, pipes and real irrigation stuff. We bought a contractor grade hose, some fittings, and a soaker hose and cut it all up and pieced it together. Redneck? Maybe. But it gets the job done and we felt super modifiable. Since this is my first garden I'm sure I'm screwing something up as far as placement and such. As you can see, Hubby took the hose from one pipe to the other. One pipes water is good, but water from two pipes is better!
Then he cut the garden hose and put the fittings in approximately where the rows are and used some zip ties to make it official. See? Probably redneck. Whatev.
Then he attached the soaker hose. It's probably three times the size it would be if it were official, but that's okay. And he laid it down the rows. Didn't quite have enough hose for the last row... That's okay.
Then we started putting up a 'fence' so the dogs don't climb in. When it's warm Skeet has been found laying in the garden in the shade in the dirt. You can see where that would be. I'm sure it's nice and cool there. But now they can go lay in the gravel on the shade. In their kennel. ;)
And the finished product!! Of course we put all that stuff away. So happy with it. It didn't cost a fortune and if I need to change some stuff because I find its better to do it a tad different I don't have to feel bad that EVERYTHING has to change, we can just change bits and pieces!!
Well, that's it for now!!









No comments:
Post a Comment