I had to take a picture of the Tarkio sign to pay tribute to my friend, Andrea. I waved to the farm Andrea!
We finally made it to Omaha. Here we are at Cousin Pam's house! She has lots of toys that Aaron enjoyed immensely.
Aaron trying to get Cousin Pam to do something for her. It didn't take long for him to start this!
And them him probably trying to get a hold of her camera.
One amazing Walker photo. Pretty average. Most of them look like this.
We left the next morning at a decent time. I wanted to look for a Starbucks but where the GPS said it was was an empty corner. Stupid GPS, I thought those things were supposed to be smart... Here's our two weary back seat travelers.
We stopped at a little city park in Nowhere, SD for lunch. It was windy as all get out but Aaron had a great time because there was a super cool playground that he had all to himself!
I mean, LOOK at this place!!
Too bad we couldn't stay all day. We had to get going, had pretty far to go and still wanted to stop a couple places before we got there.
One of the places we wanted to stop was the Wall Drug store. Supposed to be some huge drug store, I knew it would be a big tourist trap. It was a bit bigger of a trap than I was anticipating, a little disappointing...
We made it to Rapid City, SD. Dad took Aaron for a walk...
The next morning we went to Mount Rushmore (which is named after a dumb lawyer, whatever). I haven't been there since I was 13!! It's changed a lot, I mean the area surrounding it, not the carvings...
This kid is hilarious, this is a bucket Cousin Pam sent with us
We didn't take many more pictures. Dad took a bunch of the scenery along the way, but none that included Aaron. This is the dreaded good-bye...
That was the trip. But before I sign off I'll include some funny video of the kid. He's hilarious!
More please?
Cheese! And the infamous shaking...
Cheese and strawberries
This is me playing the WiiFit (first time). I was doing the balance and I was supposed to lean and hit the "soccer ball" with my "head". Aaron thought it was hilarious!
Aaron on the treadmill
4 comments:
Great pictures/videos. Correction on the Cheese and Strawberries video though. Noah taught Aaron. My sister taught Noah, and it has stuck since then. I've tried countless times to "undo" the Cheese saying for pics because he does a scrunchy face, but have been unsuccessful. Aaron looked quite intrigued by the saloon girl on the bench, you'll have to show his future wife someday :)
Yeah...I thought the same about the saloon girl. The park looks like Mitchell, SD? Did you go by the Corn Palace? What a cutie!
I think the park was in a small town, Hancock? We didn't stop in Mitchell, we figured it was not a great season for the corn.
He has such a great laugh!
Post a Comment