Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home

First of all, I'm not even going to say it...

Secondly, this will be a post about home. If you've read this blog or kept up with any of our travels, you'll know that in the first year Aaron was alive, he and I went home SIX times!!!!! This is the first time since June that we had been home. Before this trip I'd been feeling yucky and tired as all get out. I thought this trip would help me feel better considering I had a headache for 6 weeks when I was pregnant with Aaron and took a trip to Boston to see Andrea and was miraculously healed. No such luck.
Kristin came out to visit just for a couple days and accompanied us home. She pretty much took care of Aaron the whole plane ride back to Missouri. We were quite the pair; she'd passed out on the plane ride to Seattle (over heated) and I wasn't feeling well. But things went fine. Our first day there Aaron and I went to lunch with Papa and Mimi and I left them (the restaurant) a little present on their sidewalk. They only had one bathroom and it was full!! Plus, who wants to get up close and personal with a toilet you don't know? Anyhow, I'm sure you don't want to hear anymore about it. Just know that I've been sick a whole slew of times since then. I've basically ignored my photography forums and the blog (and a lot of other things around the house). It's been nice not to have to feel like I need to do something (like blogging or being social) but then again, I can't just go and abandon everything! So now I'm catching up...oh, no, I said it...
Here are some pics from home.
Aunt Kristin reading to the boys (Noah's hiding behind Kristin) before bedtime.

And we saw some snow flurries while we were there, but this was about it.

This were the two wild banshees at a nice dinner Papa took us to! And if you're wondering, it's a bruise above Aaron's left eye. Just call him "Left Eye". Mimi had left her sewing machine down because she uses it so much and the night we got to KC, Papa and Aaron were running around after a ball and Aaron was so focused on the ball which was on the floor he didn't see the sewing machine. BAM!

All three boys in the tub.


Early Sunday morning Aaron and I made the trip to St. Louis for a couple days. KC was about to get a nasty ice storm to we jetted as fast as we could. He was up pretty late that night. Grandma got Aaron his own keyboard and mouse because he kept wanting to hijack the laptops.

We got to St. Louis and it was cold there, too. I'm so ready for spring, and really summer...


And, of course, Grandpa had to share an ice cream cone with Aaron.


Are all kids as obsessed with phones as much as this kid is?? Seriously!!!

And then Aaron playing with Grandpa.


We went to breakfast with Grandpa and Aunt Dana before we left St. Louis. Of course my mom finds a temp job just in time for us to come home... We discovered something. This kid can count to 10. Here are a couple videos. He's gotten better and we've gotten better video since this but I thought I would include it anyway. He's amazing.


On the way back to KC we stopped in Fulton to have lunch with Kami and the boys at McDonalds (mmmmmm...). But they had a blast playing!


Then bath time with Aunt Kristin again! Thanks, Kristin!!!


Then one last breakfast with Papa. Yes, that's a doughnut on the table.

All for now. Will have more for you in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Mary said...

So glad you're starting to feel a little better. Lots of good memories here!