Monday, June 22, 2009

Missouri, cont. again!

The day after the wedding was when we celebrated Aaron's first birthday. I was so excited! I ordered a cake for him and a cake for us. I wasn't sure what he would think about or do with the cake for himself but we found out!!! Holy cow! I have a few pictures and some video of this day that I know we will look at and watch for a long time to come:

































It was a great day!!!
Monday morning we went to Branson. The guys fished the whole time and us girls went shopping and hung out and went to Silver Dollar City (Dad came with us then). We had a great time and it was very relaxing, something we desperately needed! Here are the pics that captured this week...


















This was when we went go-carting. Aaron wanted to join in the fun!!

Good grief, almost done! Just Silver Dollar City left. Funny story about this one. We all get there, I ask Dad to take a pic of Dana, Aaron and me at the front sign so he does. Then he says, "I didn't get the sign, did you want that?" DUH!! Of course! So we took it again. Then we hiked over to buy our tickets. Tickets for SDC these days are about $50 a person! This older lady stopped us (definitely didn't work there, you can TELL the people that work there, trust me!!) and asked if we had our tickets yet. I told her no and she said there were four of them, they had season passes (are you bragging??) and that they had FOUR FREE PASSES that expired that Sunday and they wouldn't get to use them. "Go through the gate with us and then we all split ways" she says. HOLY CRAP!! Lady, you just saved us $200, yeah I'll go through the gate with you!!! It was awesome to say the least. It was so much pressure off of you, I didn't feel like I needed to see everything, do everything, ride everything, to get my $50 worth. It was so relaxing! And we brought our lunch so the only things we paid for were snacks that we wanted and souvenirs. SO nice!! Here's our pics from our great day as a family!




This was me trying to get a pic of Aaron and Dana making sure he didn't fall off the train!

See what I mean about KNOWING who worked at SDC?!


Aaron and the silly mirror...I'm not sure he knew what to think!

Can we say ladies man?


He loved the frozen lemonade. Had a fit every time I stopped feeding it to him!






All of us on our last night eating some great burgers!

Grandpa Kitley feeding Aaron ice cream

Dana walking with Aaron

Our cabin

Now, don't you feel like you were on vacation with us?? You should, with this many pictures, I don't know how you couldn't!!! I'll post some video from time to time, don't want to bore you too much, probably when I don't have anything else to write about. In the mean time, I'll be posting pictures of father's day and Aaron's first tooth! That's right, he's finally joining the big people with teeth!

2 comments:

Terry Lewallen said...

Fun times. Love the cake pictures...wow, Aaron did some damage! And how cool about the free tickets to SDC! That's awesome. Looks like you guys really had a blast.

Chris and Tiana said...

Holy cow- That's a lot of pictures! The cake pictures are fantastic. I'm always so jealous of moms who get great 1st birthday cake pictures, since my prissy little daughter wouldn't even touch her cake (with her fingers or her mouth). I love how Aaron literally digs right in. I think those are the best cake pictures I've ever seen!

And of course, love the Branson pictures. That brings back memories! Especially the picture of the bridge by Steak n' Shake, and the Lazy Lee's pictures. Good times!