I really wanted to try out my new lens. So here are a few shots with it. I've really got to get used to using it. Had a time of it trying to track flying ducks...oh well, I'll get better!
I can't remember what this was, a Euro-Asian something or other. It's not a great picture, too far away.
ETA: Okay, I think Chuck said it's a Eurasian teal, but from the pics I found online of these, it doesn't look like this. I think this is a mutt.
ETA: Alright, I stand corrected, it's a Eurasian WIGEON. Good grief.
Geese, duh.
I think this is a Pintail? I'll verify these with Chuck later. I've already bothered him once this morning...
Here he is stretching.
Searching for food. Those are their butts in the air. I don't think I'd eat stuff from the bottom of the sound. Yuck.
A mallard. I'm surprised I got this shot. They move so quickly and it's tough to find them that fast when you're zoomed in so much (even the minimum of 100!!).
ETA: I've been corrected, this is not a mallard. This is a shoveler drake (or a spoonbill).
Landing, him and his lady friend.
Another pintail.
Again.
This is an American Bittern. He really blended in with his surroundings!! I didn't even see him until he moved. This is zoomed in all the way and 400 iso, not too shabby! And that's his tongue hanging out. This is him puffed up, he gets really skinny when he's all stretched out.
This is just a little bit stretched out, but you can sorta tell how different he can make himself look.
That's all I got...but I'll try again another time.
This kid! He's really into me taking pictures of him lately. Of course we can't go outside because it's monsoon season here, but just know, I DID NOT pose him like this. This was all Aaron. Geeze, the color is wonky on these, thanks Blogger...oh well. I guess most of you would never know if I didn't say anything...














5 comments:
Great pics at Nisqually!!! We took the boys there last Wednesday afternoon but didn't have time to do the entire walk since we had Life Group happening at our house that night. Thought it was a really neat spot. Totally didn't even think to take my camera with me.
Aaron is cracking me up being your little model. I love it! He is so much fun!
And you are totally right, I would never have thought anything about colors being wonky at all....thought all the color was great. I'm so not a professional photographer!
Love the pics of Aaron! I think he's gonna grow up and be a photographer (and is trying out the different poses) or a model (watch out!!!). :) Either way - great job mommy!!!
Oh my gosh!! My nephew is the most adorable little boy in the whole world!!! I love that kid!!!!!
Love the pictures of the Mallards :) Awesome shots. And Aaron is looking soooo big!
Yeah, I just corrected the blog. Chuck told me a night or two ago that those aren't mallards, they are shovelers. Sorry!! But you can still like the pics of the SHOVELERS!! :)
Post a Comment